Well, time to bust out the trusty old workout for summer 🙂
We’ve finally made it through all of the seasons that don’t matter, and come upon my favorite time of the year: Summertime! I live for warm weather, sunshine, and humidity (I know, I’m weird for that humidity part). Let’s keep it real – the first thing that comes to mind when we think about summer (after, “what beach am I going to sit on?”) is getting our bodies right for summer outfits, summer strutting, and summer sexiness 🙂
This is where we finally regret all of the fall and winter indulgences. The giant greasy comfort meals on cold days. The lazy Netflix binges where our Fitbits docked record minimal times. The neglected gym memberships.
It’s okay. There is a way to redeem ourselves.
Myself and some fellow bloggers have put together an awesome month-long fitness challenge to get you going on a workout for summer. It’s called the SummerFitChallenge and it’s a set of daily activities where your goal is to do as many reps of an exercise as you can for 30 seconds. Here’s a calendar of the exercises.
30 seconds of an exercise for 30 days is not so bad, right?
“Yea, but how is 30 seconds going to help me reach my fitness goals?” you ask. Great question. Research has shown that it’s not what you do, but how you get yourself to exercise that matters. A lot of really cool things can happen once you get into a habit of doing something small like 30 seconds of exercise everyday. You might decide to exercise for another 30 minutes on some days. You might find yourself getting stronger and be very motivated to work out even more. You might eat a little healthier after that 30 seconds.
Or perhaps nothing happens and you simply do the challenge, learn some new exercises, and participate with lots of other people in a cool challenge. (Because who doesn’t love the Running man and 22 pushup challenges?)
Either way, it’s going to be a good time and you don’t want to miss it. Here’s what you need to do:
- Follow me on Instagram! Better yet, go to this post and follow all of the other hostesses on IG
- Starting on June 1st, follow the calendar above and do as many reps as you can of each exercse in 30 seconds
- Post a photo or video of your exercises the challenge hashtag #SummerFitChallenge so we can find it’
- All of the hostesses will repost our favorites daily to our Instagram account
By the way, there will be prizes! So make sure you are actively posting daily to increase your chances of winning.
I think I covered everything, but drop any questions in the comments.
Here’s are the co-hostesses with links to their Instagram accounts. Follow everyone and continue to follow along for the month of June.
- Diatta Harris of Femme Fitale Fit Club
- Stephanie Felder of FitFaithLife
- Serena of the SHGCommunity
- Safari Charles of 4FitMommas
- Cassi of LongAndWindingRoadToWellness
- Sheila Simmons of TheFrugalExerciser_